The City of Ark City is getting ready for Community Clean-Up Week.
According to a news release from the City, the program will start Monday and continue through Friday next week.
City crews will only make one pass through neighborhoods to collect non-household trash. There will not be any return visits. All items should be bundled, boxed, bagged, or tied and can’t exceed 50 pounds.
Yard waste (loose leaves, brush, and tree trimmings) can be taken to the F Street Limb Disposal/Compost Site weekly from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
Items accepted include:
• Unwanted household items
• Indoor/outdoor furniture (reasonable quantities)
• Small/large appliances (microwave, washer/dryer, water tank, etc.)
• One appliance per household that contains freon
• Indoor/outdoor kid’s toys
• Grills (no propane tanks)
• Properly tagged trash containers you wish to dispose of
Items not accepted include:
• Yard waste (leaves, brush, tree trimmings)
• Any construction material
• Electronic waste/computers
• Concrete blocks, rocks, or dirt
• Iron, sheet metal, and wire
• Tires of any kind
• Vehicles, car bodies, and mechanical parts
• Paint or chemicals of any kind
Contact the City of Arkansas City Public Services (620) 441-4460 for more information.